Sunday, April 25, 2010

Microsoft Word - words on different sides of the paper?

I'm trying to write my resume, and was using a template to frame it.



In the achievements section there was space for the year in which the achievement happened and this was aligned to the left, and there was space on the same line but aligned to the right to detail the achievement.



The problem was that there were only two example achievements and I had many more to list, but when I wrote them, or when they ran over one line, the details of the achievement were aligned normally and went next to or under the year.



How can I align only the text all to the write so it doesn't interfere with the year and looks better?



Microsoft Word - words on different sides of the paper?opera browser



Try this



Go to Tools--%26gt;Options, and click "All" under formatting marks (you can uncheck the box when you're done)



Now you can see all the underlying formatting in the template document. This may help you figure out how to fix the formatting.



If the sample only has two accomplishments and you have more, try to copy and paste the sections below. It sounds like the template could be using tables, so you should be familiar with how Word tables work.



You may also want to try using the "Format Painter" icon (looks like a paint brush) to copy formatting from one table cell to another.



Microsoft Word - words on different sides of the paper?microsoft windows internet explorer



Hi Sinead,



It sounds to me like it's set-up as a table as well. You can check this rather easily. Click on the first achievement. Select Table and select Show Gridlines. If it's a table you will see light grey lines around your data. If it isn't a table the Show Gridlines will not even be selectable.



Assuming it is a table, click on the first achievement date and then select Table, Insert, Row Below. Now you will have a row that is identical to the one that you had.



If it isn't a table, let me know which template you used so I can assist you in more detail. If you don't know the name of the template, send me your "real e-mail address" via Yahoo Answers and I'll send you my address in return. Then you can attach the document to the e-mail and I can assist you further.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans