Sunday, April 25, 2010

Microsoft Wiz Needed!!?

I am trying to set up a delivery docket system on Excel for my small business. I have set up a template, but each docket needs to have a different number allocated to it. For example: I would like the first docket i do to have a field on the worksheet which says docket #: 1000, then I want the file saved as 1000. The second docket i do I want the field to change to 1001 and the file to save as 1001 etc. Is there a way to automate this?? I've been told there may be a way to do it in Access? Any ideas?



Microsoft Wiz Needed!!?windows media player 10



You are better of doing this in a database. Tables in Access can have an autonumber field. For testing you can let it create reports for printing the dockets starting at number 1. You can then clear the data and insert one record setting the autonumber field manually to 999, this will then create your first real docket as 1000. You can then manually delete record 999. You no longer need to save each document, as the details can be stored in Access.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans